After 2 months of managing a Halloween Store, I’m back to exploring. Over the last few months everything has been put into perspective. Although i’ve met some amazing people while working at Spirit, I also dealt with a lot of pain in the ass situations & people. While dealing with said pain in the ass situations, I realized that i don’t want to live this lifestyle anymore. One of consumeristic, day to day monotony that is retail. Will i have to go back to retail to earn money for travel, yes. But you can make it through anything that’s temporary.
With that being said, the next few weeks will be filled with 2 things I love. Exploring the unknown & checking things off of my travel list. On Monday, I’ll be leaving for New York to see the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade with my Mother. Viewing the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in person has been a dream of mine since i was a little kid watching it on an analog tv while my mom was putting the turkey in the oven. Once I’m back I’ll hit the road for a road trip to Seattle. There’s nothing like the freedom of the open road.
Visit Pompeii, Italy & the Naples National Archaeological Museum that houses many of the Pompeiian artifacts.
Go diving in the Great Barrier Reef.
3) Go skydiving over the Great Narrier Reef in New Zealand.
Drink a pint of Guiness with my Mother in Ireland.
5) Get a tattoo in a foreign country/ tattoo done in traditional Thai style.
6) Spend a month in Bali.
7) Visit India in March to participate in the Holi: Festival of Colors.
8) Take a road trip through the United States.
9) Swim with dolphins.
10) Go sledding with huskies in Alaska.
11) See an elephant in its natural habitat.
12) Spend a week exploring the Amazon Rainforest.
13) Attend all the Halloween events I possibly can in Salem, Massachusetts during the last week of October.
14) Explore Chateu Versilles with Sofia Coppola’s imagination.
15) Sleep under the Northern Lights at the Kaksluttanen Igloo Village in Saariselka, Finland.
Trek through Antelope Canyon.
17) Eat an embarrassingly amount of macaroons in a little Parisian Cafe.
18) Watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade from the sidelines.
19) Drink hot chocolate at Serendipity 3 NYC.
20) Have a romantic fling in a foreign country.
21) Spend a week doing absolutely nothing in Santorini, Greece.
22) Hike the Stampede Trail in Alaska to reach the Magic Bus.
23) Take a safari in South Africa.
24) Watch the Highland Games/ Braemar Gathering in Aberdeenshire, Scottland.
25) Learn how to speak another language fluently from first hand experience with natives.
26) Explore Kurt Cobains hometown of Aberdeen.
27) Stay in a Capsule Hotel after I eat at a themed restaurant in Tokyo.
Take a food tour… somewhere… anywhere.
29) Write a book in year 29.